Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What's In The Camera Bag?

I get lots of questions about my gear. So I thought it would be great to share with everyone the equipment I use. I am a proud member of the Nikon family as well as a member of NPS-Nikon Pro Services and only use Nikon cameras and lenses for my photography.  I suspect this list will continue to grow over time. We all tend to accumulate.

Think Tank Airport International roller bag
Think Tank Logistics Manager roller
Think Tank modular belt system
Nikon D4 -coming soon 
Nikon D3
Nikon D700
Nikon D300
Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II
Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR
Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8
Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8
Nikkor 105mm f/2.8
Nikkor 50mm f/1.4
Nikkor 16mm f/2.8
Nikon SB900 speedlites x 3 units
Nikon SB800 speedlites x 3 units
Nikon SU800 speedlite commander
Pocket Wizard II 4 transmitter / receivers
Manfrotto 5-section light stands
Manfrotto tripods and monopods, various
Dell M6400
iPhone 3GS 32GB
64GB of an assortment of Sandisk Extreme IV CF cards

If you are an aspiring wedding photographer, I strongly recommend getting the 24-70mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 VR. These are top notch lenses at a good price. They are my favorite lenses.

For special photo shoots involving moving vehicles, aircraft or boats, I use the Kenyon Lab Gyro to stabilize the camera.

For water shoots, such as trash the dress in the surf, I trust my camera and lens in the SPL water housing
Where should you buy from?
Here are some retailers that have served my needs and I personally recommend them for their service, product knowledge and integrity:
Adorama Photo (USA online shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment